On Monday 27 September 2021, and as the Applied Mathematics Seminar, I gave a talk with the title of "From Chemical Engineering to Mathematics: Different Tales"
As a result of the global COVID19 pandemic, the IPCG forum was taken online with a series of weekly scientific webinars, called the i-PCG 2020 Webinars. Here is my webinar, on Microfluidics and Flow Chemistry
My talk for Healthcare Technologies Institute Forum, was on Tuesday 10th November at 10 am. The title was "Microfluidic for health is wealth".
Click on the event poster to see its web page.
In the news
Click on the image to see the news.
Conferences (Talks and Posters)
1. Gholamipour-Shirazi, A., Designing hydrocolloid based food-ink formulations for extrusion 3D printing, 2nd Early Career Colloid (ECCo) meeting, 16-17th September 2019, Loughborough University.
2. Gholamipour-Shirazi, A., M. Carvalho, and J.O. Fossum, Stabilization of emulsions by heterocoagulation of clay minerals using a microfluidic device, 23rd ABCM International Congress of Mechanical Engineering – COBEM2015, December 6 to 11th, 2015, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3. Gholamipour-Shirazi, A. and C. Rolando," Microflow Chemistry: Control of Mixing for Improving Organic Synthesis Selectivity," ESOC 2013, 18th European symposium on organic chemistry, July 1-7,2013, Marseille, France
4. Gholamipour-Shirazi, A. and C. Rolando,” Basicity versus Nucleophilicity of Organic Superbases” Journées Nord-Ouest Européennes des Jeunes Chercheurs, 2012, Villeneuve d’Ascq, France
5. Gholamipour-Shirazi, A. and C. Rolando,” Kinetics studies of a second-order reaction…” Journées Nationales du GDR Micro Nano Systèmes – Micro Nano Fluidique, 2-3 Juillet, 2012, Bordeaux, France
1. Azarmidokht Gholamipour-Shirazi, and Tom Mills," Additive Manufacturing of Food: Formulation and Printability Criteria," 2019 AIChE Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, US
2. Azarmidokht Gholamipour-Shirazi, and Tom Mills, "Designing Hydrocolloid Based Food-Ink Formulations for Extrusion 3D Printing" Joliot-Curie Conference 2019,11- September 12 2019, University of Nottingham
3. Azarmidokht Gholamipour-Shirazi, and Tom Mills, "Designing Hydrocolloid Based Food-Ink Formulations for Extrusion 3D Printing", Graham Lecture and Symposium 2019: Industrial and interdisciplinary applications of suspensions, July 9, SCI, London, UK
4. Azarmidokht Gholamipour-Shirazi, Ian Norton, and Tom Mills, ": 3D printing of a stimuli-sensitive multifunctional edible formulation", Future Formulation III, 2019, Leicester, UK
5. Azarmidokht Gholamipour-Shirazi, Lewis Hart, Ian Norton, Wayne Hayes, and Tom Mills, "3D printing of a biocompatible and non-peptidic hydrogel", Women in Chemistry 2019, Nottingham, UK
6. Azarmidokht Gholamipour-Shirazi, Marcio Carvalho, Jon Otto Fossum, "A Microfluidic Approach to Produce Monodisperse O/W Emulsions Stabilized by Laponite Nanoparticles," Cooperative particles: Patchy colloids, active matters and nanofluids. The Geilo School 2015, 16-26 March, Geilo, Norway
7. Giovanni Grassi, Leander Michels, Zbigniew Rozynek, Roosevelt Droppa Jr., Azarmidokht Gholamipour-Shirazi, Jon Otto Fossum and Geraldo José da Silva "Cation Exchange Confined Dynamics In Synthetic Clay Minerals," 3rd International Workshop on Complex Physical Phenomena in Materials Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, February 17-22, 2014, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
8. Gholamipour-Shirazi, A., M. Penhoat, and C. Rolando, Optimization of continuous-flow alkylation of substituted benzoic acids by methyl iodide using a Nanomixer® and a micrometric capillary Taylor reactor, Journées Nord-Ouest Européennes des Jeunes Chercheurs, 2009, Rouen, France
9. Gholamipour-Shirazi, A., T. Janssens, M. Penhoat and C. Rolando, Deciphering Mixing and Chemical Kinetics for a Second-Order Reaction Based on Organic Reagents, Journées Nationales Communes du GDR Micro et NanoFluidique et du Club Micro Capteurs Chimiques, 2010, Lille, France